Thursday, July 27, 2006

ALMOST THERE . . .

Yes, Dana, I finally made it through the rescue scene. Jaclyn and Brewer have made it safely out of the underground passage, finally. My rough draft sits at 99,442 words and I am one or two chapters short of finishing, which I intend to do today. Then I will begin the editing process.

I'm incorporating a priceless relic from Jaclyn's collection into the scene where a bomb is discovered, left in the tunnel by Jaclyn's evil cousin, now an escaped prisoner, who has held Jaclyn hostage deep within the tunnel. Brewer doesn't have the expertise or the time to difuse the device, and the plan is to keep the wireless detonator from being triggered by the remote device carried by the bad guy, who has managed to elude capture. The relic is a small bronze trunk adorned with gold and semi-precious stones which had once held love letters from a man to his betrothed. (I have to figure out which century the trunk is from, and want to have the man be some historical figure.) They place the satchel containing the explosives inside the trunk, and because it is lined with lead the signal to detonate the bomb will not reach the detonator, thus allowing Brewer to rescue Jaclyn from the tunnel and carry her off to safety. Whew.

Any ideas on who the historical figure could be? A warrior or soldier of some kind was my first inclination. Thank goodness I finally discovered I'm not a plotter. Otherwise I'd have to figure this out before I finish the rough draft.

13 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger Heather Harper said...

Way to go, Sara.

Give the book a few days to breathe before you go gangbusters on the editing. Treat yourself to something you enjoy.

I enjoy cake. ;)

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Mike Mazzo said...

Cake . . . I heard that before. I think you like chocolate cake. I know you like strawberry cake. Thankfully I have no cakes to bake until the last weekend of August, so I will be eating no cake. Now, peach dessert . . . I may not be strong enough to resist.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Heather Harper said...

I love peach cobbler. Brings back nice memories of my grandparents.

And a skinnier me. ;)

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Rinda Elliott said...

Woo hoo Sara!!!!!!!!!!!! Is this the first completed manuscript? Celebrate!!

How did I miss that gorgeous thing in the last post? My Bloglines didn't do an update!!!

I made up my own peach cobbler recipe last week with fresh peaches. Yum.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Mike Mazzo said...

I have another completed manuscript, but that was before I knew about that weak word thing and not using the word that just whenever I felt like ... that. Not quite that bad, but that gives you an idea ... of that.

I ended up making the peach dessert I talked about last week. My 16-yr old asked if I could make one every day. He's at camp this week so I bought the stuff to make another one for when he comes home.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Tempest Knight said...

Yayy on almost completing your MS! I'm not a plotter either so sometimes the story itself works into a situation that leaves me speechless. *g*

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Dana Pollard said...

Who could the trunk have belonged to? Ummm... what about someone from the Vanderbilt family?

Congrats on finishing. I'm buying at Starbucks on Monday. Pick out cake.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Jo Smith said...

Sara

Congrats on being so close to The End.

If you have seen Something's Got To Give with Diane Keeton and Keanu Reeves, when she writes The End at the end of her play, she throws her hands up and squeals and with her hands behind her head, sitting in her chair, shook from head to toe.

When I typed The End on my first and only finished ms that's exactly what I did. OMG what a thrill it is.

Enjoy the feeling of accomplishment
Jo

 
At 6:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

 
At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » »

 
At 1:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » »

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. phone tools Fluctide zoloft Crack of norton antivirus 2005 version Side affect of ambien Robert eagle and poker 2003 mcse training 2003 mcse training teeth whitening

 

Post a Comment

<< Home