Monday, August 14, 2006

"Writers don't make good cooks. Do you smell something burning?"

I am now the proud owner of a shirt from The Write Snark. It took me a while to choose the quote which most fit me.

Yes, I bake cakes and no, I don't usually burn them. But then I don't attempt to write while baking a wedding cake.

Cooking is another subject altogether. I cook dinner every day. Mostly. And when I'm writing, I tend to neglect to stir a pot or remove things from the oven on time. I've actually had to throw a pot away because burned beans were crusted on the bottom and refused to come out no matter how hard I scrubbed, scraped, or chiseled.

The first wearing of my new shirt was to Starbucks where Dana and I worked on our writing for a couple of hours. Wore it again the next day to Wal-Mart where I ran into two of my neighbors. Since I had never told them about my writing, they asked questions. Now they know.

Take a journey through Rinda's selection of shirt, mugs, bags, hats, etc. You're sure to find something that fits the writer in you.

6 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Blogger Rinda Elliott said...

You sweetie. Thanks!

That is one of the styles of shirts I haven't purchased yet. Hope the fit is good.

I just got in an apron that says "You interrupted my love scene for this?" My husband cracked up when I wore it.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Heather Harper said...

I love the pink shirts. Very comfortable.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Mike Mazzo said...

I bought it an extra size bigger to account for shrinkage. After a washing it fits just right. If I ever lose weight it will be too big, but then I can choose another shirt. (g) I haven't had a Dr. Pepper in 2 weeks, and I've been walking and swimming every day, so if I can keep it up it could happen. But then I've made two Texas Sheet Cakes and a peach dessert since Sunday for my houseguests. It's vital to taste test every thing before you serve it to guests.

The question that comes to mind is where you were wearing the apron. (g)

Hi, Heather! Hope the move is going smoothly.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Rinda Elliott said...

Ah, nowhere exciting. The kitchen. This time I actually had clothes on under it.

Wait, shouldn't admit weird things.

Texas sheetcake sounds interesting. What's it like?

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Mike Mazzo said...

Chocolate cake made with buttermilk and cocoa. The icing is butter, cocoa, powdered sugar and pecans poured onto the cake while it's still hot. I made the first one on Sunday and it was gone by Tuesday. Since it's my brother-in-laws favorite I made him another one. I've heard it called other things as well.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Rinda Elliott said...

I'd call it wonderful. Oh, it sounds so good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home