Thursday, March 16, 2006

ROUGHING IT ...

I finally managed to get back in the rough draft mode on my WIP. I have this tendancy to start at the beginning every time I sit down to write, a really nice place to start when referring to the rest of life in general, yes, but not when chapter eighteen needs to get out of my brain. My characters are beginning to fret. I'm almost positive I heard my hero telling me, sweetly, of course, to get in gear and stop editing chapter one. I can't really blame him. He has been confined to the same room since chapter four.

We brought home our new puppy last week. We've finally given her a name. Maggie is adorable ... she's a puppy ... but she's started this new trick where she morphs into a little demon, snarling and snapping. Then she's scary. I was told to roll up a newspaper and thump her on the nose whenever this happens. I watched the Caesar the Dog Whisperer last week and there was a dog that was biting. Caesar held the dog down, sideways on the ground, until he stopped resisting. I'm not sure I want to try this with Maggie.

I'm really looking forward to the OKRWA meeting on Saturday. I'm going to work on my rough draft now. I'm feeling inspired and my hero wants out of that room!

1 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Blogger Dana Pollard said...

LOL!!! Your hero wants out of that room! I love it! I too feel like my characters are talking to me, well... pleading actually, for me to move on. And people don't understand it when we say our characters talk to us. Honey, when we know them that well, they DO talk to us! hehe

Maggie IS adorable! And so soft!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home