Tuesday, September 05, 2006


We've been busy getting Mike's new studio space ready. Painted and built a wall yesterday. Mike's working today but I'll go in and see if I remember the basics of taping and bedding the joints.

The space is above an old movie theatre. Every now and then we'll hear music or a loud scream. And it smells like popcorn. Much better than the old studio which was next to a barber shop. Hair would float in through the joint ventilation system and the place smelled like kimchi.

Over the next few weeks I'll be shopping for furnishings . . . after we pilfer usable items from the house. I already lost my beveled-glass sofa table to the dressing room. Since this studio is not a shared space like the last one, we'll be able to hang Mike's framed photos that were taking up closet space at home. A lot of closet space.

And we'll meet with our wedding clients at the studio, not in my kitchen, the only space that isn't covered with photos and portfolios. And though it occurred to me that I might get my dining room table back, I won't hold my breath.

7 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger Rachel Vincent said...

Congrats on the new space! Are you both going to use it?

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger Betty S said...

Change is energizing. And the return of the dining room table is an event to celebrate. We're in the process of moving our entire house around. (Front bedroom to back room, middle bedroom to front room, breakfast room storage to middle bedroom, gaming stuff to breakfast room, my scattered office stuff to "my" office just off the back bedroom. I managed to screw up my foot and ankle in the process of moving so it is taking a little longer than I planned.

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Mike Mazzo said...

It's only big enough for Mike's studio needs. The wall we put up will give us a little entry where we can hang pictures and have a table for couples to sit down with Mike and talk about their wedding pictures.

It's exciting because it's the next step towards this being Mike's full time job. He's worked at his other job since he was 16 and we're working towards him being able to quit in the next year or two.

Sorry about the foot, Betty. Sounds like you've moved your entire house. At least that gives you a chance to clear out the stuff you don't want anymore. Don't wear yourself out too much. The retreat is next week!

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Heather Harper said...

Bees and Kilts?

That is brave.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Mike Mazzo said...

Heather! It's Heather! It's wonderful to hear from you. I've been checking your blog for news.

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Heather Harper said...

Hehehe.

I missed you too. :)

 
At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://vtyupdr.com]STfqcyqB[/url] - gfVZzN - http://pyfnknfrtw.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home