Thursday, March 30, 2006

I tried to take Miss Maggie for a walk this morning. It was actually rather amusing. The only way I could get her to move was if I jogged. Then she'd run for twenty or thirty feet before laying down on the pavement. So I ended up carrying Princess Maggie for a block a two before attempting the walk thing again with basically the same results.

She still isn't house trained. Somehow I've managed to reverse train her ... she thinks she has to be inside to pee. Now I hear that girl dogs are more difficult to house train than boy dogs.

My mother-in-law fell on Tuesday and broke her ankle. She's having surgery today and will probably be home tonight. The tricky thing is that Mike's father is basically wheel-chair bound. He can use a walker for short distances if someone is there to help. Helen helps him bathe and dress, prepares his meals, drives him to coffee every morning at 6 a.m., picks him up when he's through visiting, takes him to the doctor, etc.

I'll be with him today, either at their house or at the hospital if he decides he wants to be in the waiting room during the surgery. I'll take my laptop with me because I'm in the zone, that place where I get sometimes where the writing seems to flow and I get up at 6 because I can't wait to write. It would be nice if the rest of the world would just stop during those rare times, but alas, the laundry pile is growing and the puppy is still peeing and those pesky kids think they're supposed to eat dinner every night.

2 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger Dana Pollard said...

We need to find a place in this world where there are no in-laws, no dogs, and no kids. The hubby can visit from time to time, but only when we stop writing to have a break.

Hope your MIL is doing better. Let me know if you need anything.

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Rachel Vincent said...

Oh, hon, I'm sorry about your in-laws. They must be miserable! But I'm glad you're in the zone. I love it when that happens. I was there myself, today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home