Wednesday, April 12, 2006

LAUGHTER

Do you ever look at a word and think how odd it looks. Laughter, for instance. Where's the ph or the f? Anyway, one of the things that I've always loved about Mike is the way he make's me laugh. He has a somewhat irreverent humor mixed with a sarcastic wit that can make me laugh, even when I want to be mad at him. I think some of it has rubbed off on me over the almost twenty-four years of our marriage.

Something reminded me the other day of a show we used to watch, Married With Children. Peg and Al Bundy were not your typical couple, but Mike and I would laugh so hard during that show.

My favorite scene: Peg is sitting on the couch. Al comes in the door. Earlier he'd left, forgetting to lock the front door. Peg says something like this (it's been years so my memory may be faulty) ... "Al, you can't leave the house without locking the front door. Someone might break in and kidnap me."

Al replies ... "Yeah, like I ever get what I want!"

Laugh with someone you love today.